Followers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Green Silk -- Part IV

“Come on Bill, hurry!”

“Sherry, slow down. Why are you running so fast?”

“I need to get to the ocean, to my rocks, before the sun wakes up the morning sky.”

“I never knew you could run this fast,” Bill said laughing.

“There are a few other things you don’t know about me.” Sherry put her legs in the water, and sighed with relief. “You wouldn’t believe how good this feels. I was afraid we wouldn’t get her in time.”

“Well, why don’t you tell me some of these things I don’t know about you.”

“You know Bill; you’ve never asked me why I have to do this every morning. You never really asked why I don’t want to move away from the ocean.”

“I always figured this was something that you used to do with your parents before they passed. It was a special ritual for you. And you didn’t want to move because this is your home, where you were raised, and your home is all you have left of your mom and dad.”

“Why haven’t you asked me to go back to America with you? Your residency here is ending very soon; I know you’ve already accepted an offer with a hospital in Florida.”

“Will you come with me? Will you be my wife?”

“I don’t want you to ask me like this. I want it to be your idea.”

“It has been my idea. I’ve been waiting for the right time, and I’ve been trying to get myself ready in case you said, No.”

Susan turned to Bill, softly touching his cheek and drawing his face into hers. Kissing him soft and deep.
“I love you Bill. I always have and I always will.”

“Will you marry me?”

“Yes. But there’s something you must know.”

To be concluded tomorrow…

5 comments:

Dulçe ♥ said...

Omy God Oh my God What is it?
Oh don't leave me in waiting! Not fair... :-(
You naughty girl...


hugs and smiles....

Brian Miller said...

dang...you left a 'but' hanging...
now i gotta wait a whole 24 hours...

Shadow said...

i can't wait.......

Everyday Goddess said...

more!!

christina said...

these are wonderful. not fair though, not fair to leave us dangling. : ) lol look forward to it.