Followers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Green Silk -- Conclusion

My real mother and father were killed at sea. I was raised by the mermaids. The milk they gave me when I was small is the same milk they give their own babies; therefore, while I can walk on land, I must always refresh my legs in the sea. They taught me how to sing. That’s how I found you. The mermaid world is highly evolved and lives in the area we call the Bermuda Triangle. I will marry you and I will live with you in Florida, if they will allow it. But if they don’t, please remember how much I love you, and it was my love in a song that brought you to me.


My loves hair is dark as night

His eyes like stars

Take me to flight.

My love is a mystery where are you dear one?

My love I need you, please come.


My loves skin has been brushed by rays

My loves touch

Touches me with strength

My love is a mystery where are you dear one?

My love I need you, please come.


One week later, Bill, Sherry, and two friends Bill had met through his residency at Bermuda, were on their way to the United States. Bill and Sherry were going to get married and begin their new life together. All the best laid plans had been made.


"Has anyone seen Sherry?"


"Yea last night. She said the ocean looked like, 'Deep, green satin.' She wanted to wear it."


"Shit."


Four hours later.


"Guys I’m worried."


Knocking.
"Bill Rainey?"


"Yes."


"Come with me."


A stopped video revealing a beautiful woman smiling for the camera and blowing a kiss – then dives into the ocean.

12 comments:

Donnetta said...

Morning! My first time over here. This is beautiful and powerful. I have to go back and read the previous posts. Also-thank you for visiting my blog. D

Brian Miller said...

your ending was brialliant...love this story...you should look into submitting it somewhere...

Nessa said...

The ending is very intriguing. I will be going back to read it from the beginning.

SandyCarlson said...

I agree with Brian!

Mike said...

Aww, that was sad. They wouldn't let her live in Florida? I smell a sequel!!

Larry said...

beautiful Jessie simply BeautifulThanks for stopping by and leaving your comment next week will be part 6 hope you come to read it.
Thanks again
Larry

Katherine said...

How imaginative! Imagination is something I lack. This was beautiful. I can't wait to read some more. Thanks for visiting my blog & for the lovely comment.

Yvonne Osborne said...

I like your story...especially

"while I can walk on land, I must always refresh my legs in the sea."

Very unique voice.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Peter Stone said...

Sad ending, but loved the way you presented it, how she blew that kiss, knowing he'd see the video eventually.

joanna said...

Had to stop by and see the sequel to the other post -- imaginative and clever piece,,.. loved the video ending -- because it was not an ending at all --

Joanny

Shadow said...

you mean... she left him????? jessie, this is a stunning story!

LarryG said...

wonderful! I enjoy the drawing out of the fantasy! beautiful J!