Followers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Magpie 7

The Crocus and the Daffodil



They arrive scattered,
Mounds of green amongst
The brown.
Sometimes solitary figures, sometimes a
Formation of small gangs.
Messengers from the gods of
Rebirth.
Their green sprouts
Break through the brown earth
Becoming vibrant, textured
Cloths of renewal.
Like red robins hatching from their
Blue eggs, they
Announce:
Spring has been born
Let the celebration begin!

Halleluiah! Halleluiah!
Choirs of angels
Trumpets
Ringing from the skies
These are the songs
People hear
When yellow daffodils
Spring forth from
Winters beauty rest.
Welcomed green alien
Sprouts
Open triumphantly
Weary from the cold
We sing and shout,
Halleluiah! Halleluiah!



Let Spring Unfold!

23 comments:

joanna said...

I can see the daffodils use their trumpet skirts as musical instruments Heradling in new spring while the angels sing

Halleluiah! Halleluiah!


Oh this is an 'ode' to spring -- utterly fanastic poem.

Joanny

Mike said...

They are springing up all over here! WooHoo for spring!

Ariel said...

Dear Jessie,
Just now I finished writing a poem on spring and yellow daffodils. When I read your beautiful verse I was surprised to see that the season brings in a lot of common things together in our writing. I've not yet posted it, am planning to post it on thursday for the prompt for theme thursday this week is "yellow"
Thank you for giving me the link for the poem a day. I did visit the site.

Unknown said...

Of course I am beginning to feel that you really need to start sending this out for publishing...this is amazing and beautiful, I saw some gorgeous daffodils this AM and was reminded of spring.

Love and hugs
G

Catalyst said...

Jessie, a great triumphal poem!

Eric S. said...

Wow Jessie, Love the poem. Makes you want to jump for joy as signs of spring bloom forth. Great writing, as usual.

steviewren said...

I've cried Hallelujah at the sight of spring this year more than any I can think of in recent years.

And the whole world shouted Hallelujah!

Katherine said...

What a beautiful poem! Spring is definitely something the sing about. The most fragrant, green & colourful time of the year. So full of life!

Dulçe ♥ said...

After this masterpiece... I feel obliged to write something about spring too... but now-- How can I ?

Smiles ;)

Tess Kincaid said...

Messengers from the gods...I LOVE it!!

amy said...

Yes, indeed, let us sing praises for Spring! Well done, Jessie!

Lyn said...

..."the gods of rebirth"..brilliant! One thing shines through..spring will always unfold..thanks for this beauty!

Jennifer Morrison said...

Oh what a celebration! I'm joining in! Thanks for the uplifting few moments.

Nessa said...

I can see them dancing in the sunshine and breezes.

Angie Muresan said...

Oh to be a daffodil...

The Bug said...

Hallelujah is right!

Pete Goulding said...

A true ode to spring. Nice one!

Everyday Goddess said...

They always reminded me of trumpets too!

Hallelulah!

Vicki Lane said...

The hallelujah shout is perfect!

christina said...

i could feel the voices and hand reach towards the skies.
Wonderful!
XO

Jan of Thousand Acres said...

Splendid, such wonderful poetry, full of beautiful imagery. Nicely done!

Aoife.Troxel said...

I always thought daffodils looked like trumpets/trumpeters...so cheery! And they seem to almost capture that moment right as the monarch (the nice one not the evil tyrant) is heralded by his trumpeters and the whole hall pauses in anticipation

LarryG said...

I love "green aliens"
a wonderful pean to spring!