Followers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Green Silk Part III

Sherry grew up on the island of Bermuda. Her love of the ocean water kept her there; she knew life in America or in a big city was not for her. She needed the salty water to feel alive, the sun to warm her skin, and the fierce storms to calm her restlessness. Yet, she was lonely. Sherry would go down to the beach early in the morning, walking along the pink sands, until she found her special place amongst the coral rocks. Here is where she began to sing in her soft, hypnotizing tone,

My loves hair is dark as night
His eyes like stars
Take me to flight.
My love is a mystery where are you dear one?
My love I need you, please come.

My loves skin has been brushed by rays
My loves touch
Touches me with strength
My love is a mystery where are you dear one?
My love I need you, please come.

Every day for two years Sherry would close her eyes and sing her song. Her legs absorbing the salty water, as her voice drifted slowly out into the wind and sea.

Finally one day a tall man with tanned skin and stars in his eyes followed the hauntingly beautiful voice, and when he saw her, he couldn’t take his eyes away. Her brown hair, long like smooth ocean waves, her skin the color of sand, and then she turned her gaze upon him. Deep, dark green eyes warmed his body more than the desert sun. He slowly walked towards her.

“I’ve heard you singing every morning. No one else could hear you. Everyone thought I was crazy.”

She smiled, extending her hand to him, “The song was for only you to hear. I’m glad you finally came. I’ve been so lonely.”

As he took her hand he never took his gaze away from her eyes, he never saw…

To be continued…

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

a song only for him to hear...beautiful...and now i wait...smiles.

have a wonderful day...

Dulçe ♥ said...

I am amazed by your story... it's like a fairy tale but realistic... love it and want more!
:)

Unknown said...

Okay...*tapping foot* still waiting for more, this is such a fun tale to spin and share, but makes me want more...hurry dammit...LOL

Love you,
Gabi

Mike said...

I had missed part two, so I had to go back and read it. I like the way that you incorporated the poetry of song lyrics into the story. I think that this tale is your most creative work of anything that you have done.

Shadow said...

i LIKE this!!!!!