Followers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Power Play Begins




About three hours later Jacqueline found herself outside her beautiful home in Pineville.

“Here we are, the assets I told you about, the art, silver, cash, and jewelry. There’s an M6 in the garage.”

“Is anyone home?”

“No. My husband Mark is always out of town on the third week of the month.”

“So you want to rob your own place? Interesting. Okay, go inside and bring me some goodies, jewelry will be nice. Let’s see how good your taste is.”

Within thirty minutes Jacqueline returns, with two Rolex watches, three cocktail rings, and two strands of pearls.

After some close examination, Vancamp says, “You’ve got excellent taste sweetheart. It’ll do for a small down payment, but it’s no where near what you’re asking for. You’re going to have to do better …now go put your pretty ass inside that red Beamer and follow us.”

Jacqueline slowly moved her hand up his leg and onto the side of his face and smiled, saying, “You’ll get full payment, I promise.” Thinking to herself, just not in a way you would ever imagine. I’ll kill you before I’d let you touch me.



Jacqueline decided to begin her business in a run-down warehouse about five blocks from her pink vinyl house. The rent was cheap and she could walk to the sprawling wooden building. She had enlisted Jeff, Brian, and Amy, who all originated from a small community college right after their graduation. Each had their own specialty; Jeff was a fabulous artist and could mimic Japanese Anime, as well as other futuristic art characters with precision; Brian knew computers and how to put Brian’s art into motion; while Amy had the gift of gab, music, and spirit – she brought the cartoon animations to vivid life.

Time flew by; Bill Matthews only called Jacqueline once after their confrontation in her new home. Matthews seemed to be holding out hope he would have his five minutes with her.

Jacqueline knew Mark was aware the jewelry and car were missing and often wondered why he had not contacted her or the police. According to Matthews, it was Mark who made sure Matthews found her in the beginning, and she was confident he was still keeping track of where she was, and with whom.

3 comments:

Shadow said...

what is she up to????????

Jessie said...

Shadow, I'm going to pick up the pace, the story is more than 1/2 complete -- all will be revealed either by Friday or early next week. I hope you stayed tuned!
:-)

Wait. What? said...

Jessie - sorry I was off a bit while you were posting - I am catching up now!