
It was an important morning for Jacqueline. She was ready to sign her first contract deal with a small up and coming video game distributing company. While proofing the final contact for the third time in her office, her phone rang, “Hello?”
“Hello sweetheart.”
Cringing, her alluring voice answered, “Hello yourself.”
“I trust that you’ve put my money to good use?”
“Well, you know I have. I’m drawing up the papers now to finalize the sale of our first game. I should have a payment for you within two weeks.”
“Two weeks is a long time. How about making an early interest payment, let’s say in about one hour? You can meet me at my club, I’ll have my driver come by and pick you up.”
Jacqueline had anticipated this day. Her stomach filled with vile as she processed the idea of him touching her. “This week really isn’t good for me, if you understand what I’m saying.”
“You’ve already used that excuse,” Vancamp replied with irritation. “My driver will be there within the hour, be ready.”
Jacqueline took a deep breath as she walked over to a six-foot abstract painting, depicting a man and woman reaching for each other, separated by a sliver of nothingness. Bending down, she pushed a button, releasing the painting from the wall and revealing a hidden room. Jacqueline stepped inside and closed the door. Forty-five minutes later she pushed a button inside the secret room and emerged a different woman.
Soon afterwards, there was a knock on the metal door of the warehouse building. Jacqueline gazed through the one-way glass and slid the thick, black bolt to the side, opening the door.
“This is a new look for you,” smiled the driver, “I like it, and I believe Mr. Vancamp will like it as well.”
Jacqueline said nothing as she sat on the cold, leather seat, clutching her purse. The black Lincoln turned around the corner, pulling into the dark alley outside the back door of the club.
4 comments:
i am enjoying reading this...
maybe you could speed up the release process ;)
Yes I know I've read it, but I am so enjoying it more and more...thank you for sharing this with us! Hugs!
no comment, i'm jumping up to the next installment.... this is GREAT!
Oh wow - I missed alot!
Post a Comment