Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I wish I knew you then when you were small
do you think of me
are you the same boy now as you were then or
has life chased away your childhood dreams
do you wonder if life chased away mine
would I have noticed you in teenage years
would you have noticed me
I imagine you with longer, curly, dark locks,
have you ever wondered about me

so many years passed—like an old Roberta Flack song,
"The first time ever I saw your face..."
I smiled inside.

Now memories flow through gray matter passages,
memories of you sitting with open arms,
a quick touch of your hand on mine,
an encounter in the stairwell,
gossip of your world,
I wish I knew the intricacies of your heart
do you think of me,
I still think of you

7 comments:

Jinksy said...

Beautiful, wistful thoughts...

Brian Miller said...

smiles. love reading just the italics as they are a poem of longing within themselves...there are a few i wonder....great to see you jessie!

Bubba said...

Sweetly romantic. I sometimes wonder what became of those I used to love (or thought I loved anyway) way back when.

Carrie Van Horn said...

This is truely lovely Jessie! :-)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. :)

G-Man said...

You Rock Baby...
Have a Kick Ass Week-End...

Dulçe ♥ said...

Lovely wonderings
Am sure you are always thought of...
;)