Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Memory in Brown

Cool sand nestled between our toes,
holding hands, the shore is crowded—yet,
all we hear are the ocean waves
as the wind nudges rippling grey waters
on top of our sinking feet
inside the belly of the beach.
Oh,
The heaviness of your hand, the
strength of your fingers
gently cuddling mine
connecting our thoughts
sigh,
lifting my face,
blue eyes hidden behind shades,
All I see is the
soft brown of your skin,
the chocolate kiss in your eyes,
hmmm,
the desire to kiss your mouth
so fine.

14 comments:

Gabriela Abalo said...

very romantic! I love it.

Great "brown" take :)

Bubba said...

Very sweet and gentle. Nice.




WORD VERIFICATION: corna

DEFINITION: where you be standin' on

L.L. Barkat said...

"the chocolate kiss in your eyes"

i like that.

tony said...

Very Elemental! I Love It.! Happy T.T.

Brian Miller said...

steamy jessie...chocolate kisses...and do his lips taste the same?

Carrie Van Horn said...

If romance was a color it would be brown...lovely poem. :-)

joanna said...

softly spoken eloquently and romantically written.

Beautiful TT.

Joanny

http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/08/early-to-rise.html

LarryG said...

how soothing - when that desire, within reaches is fulfilled, this comes full circle

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, how I love this particular line (although the whole poem is wonderful!):

"inside the belly of the beach"

PattiKen said...

This is so romantic, so Burt Lancaster-and-Deborah Kerr-entwined-on-the-beach. Lovely and very steamy.

Nessa said...

Lovely and very sexy.

Mike said...

Very romantic! I like it!

RLM Cooper said...

Feet really do sink in the sand on the beach. And you can lose your balance there, too - especially when holding hands with one who is soft and brown. ;o)

G-Man said...

JESSIE...?
WOW!!
Sexy...Hot...Passionate!
I need a cigarette....:P