Followers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Magpie Tales


Flowing water mesmerizes me

Staring at the ocean, a lake, an aquarium, or
The river -- forever. I'm barely blinking.
The wetness calls my name in soft flowing whispers,
Movements remind me of ballet dancers, pirouettes on point,
Graceful stories of Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, and others.
What is under this blanket of darkness?
Is it darkness?
Or is it an answer shrouded;
an answer beckoning me towards the light?
Tonight as I ride over this bridge looking down
The river wears short small ridges in-between white frozen hardness;
Someday I tell myself
I will uncover this mystery
I will find the light to
This burden that is so light for some;
yet, so heavy for me.
I will break loose
I will let go and
Fall.

20 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Both chilling and beautiful.

spacedlaw said...

Sad, poignant even.

Mike Minzes said...

We are but a drop in the ocean of like. Alone we can't do very much. Together we can move worlds.

You are NEVER alone.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the line - the river wears short ridges

Nice one!

Jessie said...

Willow, thank you, you found the essence.

Hello Spacedlaw, thank you for coming by. your comment is right there.

Realliveman, thank you for your comment and sentiments -- both are very much appreciated.

Vicki, i'm glad you liked that line. i was hoping it would convey the picture well.

thank you all so much. i enjoy all your comments.

smiles,
jessie

♥ Braja said...

...and it will pull you down to the depths of what you need to find...

Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

softly spoken, deeply felt, gratefully heard ...

Brian Miller said...

really a beautiful magpie...maybe in the letting go you find the burden lighter...

Unknown said...

Sadly I've found that in the letting go I've found there is much more than could have ever met my eyes. Please know you're not alone and I have much love and respect for you Jessie...

You are a mystery, but I don't feel pressed to solve you, only to know you!!!!

Love
g

JeffScape said...

Stay out of the light... rivers in the dark are far more enlightening.

;)

Jessie said...

Braja, after visiting your home through your lovely words, you may be right.

Lorenzo, a touching comment...

Brian, it's almost like, is the grass really greener on the other side? or would i just be trading one burden for another? i do treasure your thought. :-)

g, thank you, thank you -- love,j

Jeffscape, i find your comment very intriguing -- almost too much.

thank you dear friends for your comments,

warm smiles from the dark side,
jessie

Unknown said...

Hmm the weight breaking free! Remarkable thinking. It almost warms the chill of the water.
Congratulations on good verse.

Jessie said...

thank you Pat, i'm glad you enjoyed it. i hope you visit again.

smiles,
jessie

Dulçe ♥ said...

WOW What a lot of lovely images and thought yo depict here,,,
<just love it... The more you write the more i love it!

xo

steviewren said...

Your words leave me feeling sad and slightly concerned for the girl on the bridge. Instead of falling down, I wish she could find her wings and fly.

christina said...

i love this. even at the "fall" it seems there is more, maybe even a new beginning.
: )

Shadow said...

from dreamy to wondering to falling... never fear, the ice will melt, the ripples with become mirror-smooth and you'll find yourself in warm blue waters one day...

Jessie said...

Dulce, thank you -- i'm glad you enjoy my writing. that is a true compliment.

steviewren, i hope she finds her wings too. thank you for the comment and visiting.

Christinia, even in your comments you find something positive. thank you.

Shadow, your positive words warm my soul.

thank you all so much for sharing,
jessie

Jennifer Morrison said...

Well done Jessie.

"... Someday I tell myself
I will uncover this mystery
I will find the light to
This burden that is so light for some;
yet, so heavy for me."

I identified strongly with this - I've sought similar answers. I love that you took a non-literal approach to the prompt.

Pete Goulding said...

Don't listen to that wetness calling your name!
Reminds me of those mythical tales of King Arthur. Chilling.