Followers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Carry On Tuesday

Here's how the game works. Write a poem or story incorporating, "In the darkness, he touched her arm and said ..." into your work somewhere. Then go to
http://carryontuesday.blogspot.com, and leave a comment with your web address. Of course, proper etiquette is to visit the other bloghomes as well. There's some fascinating writers out there, so enjoy!
In the darkness,
He touched her arm and said,
Amy, Amy; are you alright?

Yes. I just wish I knew what I was touching.

Pretend these are the walls in your house, and you’ve just added some texture to them.

Texture. Yeah, texture. But there’s no way I would add this type of texture to anything I own.

Okay, we’re not talking a Biltmore make-over here…

I’m not suggesting the Biltmore, but even the tackiest Motel 6’s don’t have this slimy, sticky stuff on their walls. I don’t even want to think about the crunching noises under my feet.

Someone just spilled potato chips on the floor, that’s all it is.

Wait; are those rays of light up ahead?
It is! Oh My God!

Stay close Amy, I wouldn’t want to lose you now.
Amy, Amy, Amy….where are you?

Jordan, Oh my God, I’ve fallen into this hole. It’s trying to pull me in. Hurry!

Hold on. I’m coming Amy. Grab something and hold on. I think I'm almost there.

It keeps tightening around my legs and pulling me further in.

I’m here. Now give me your hand.

Pull Jordan, pull.

Under these faux potato chips, it’s so slimy, just like the walls. I keep losing my footing. Whatever you do, don’t let go!

I feel like I just found this round staircase with my feet. I’m going to try to pull myself up while you pull.

Holy Mother of God, what was that? The whole ground shook.

I don’t know, but it happened as soon as I put my feet on this tiny notches. Keep pulling I’m almost out.

Amy, if it shakes like that again I’m going to lose you.

One more pull and step and I’ll be out….
What the….

Ssshhhh, lay perfectly still. If what I’ve read is true, it can’t see you if you don’t move.
Look, it’s going away…
Be still just a little bit longer.

Oh my God Jordan…were we…

Yes Amy, we were. I think that hole you fell into with the round staircase, was actually his throat. You made him gag and he spit us out.

So, he swallowed us whole? We were walking in his mouth?

Yes, we were almost a T-Rex snack.

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

whew...i need to go watch Land of the Lost tonight...a T-rex...very creative way to turn that phrase...nicely done!

Unknown said...

Jessie, your creativity is limitless, you always amaze and inspire me to want to write more and write a bit better!

This is great...a T-Rex...wow!!!

Love
g

Mike said...

Talk about taking something to an unexpected place! haha! Very creative!

Dulçe ♥ said...

Must bow here too!!
I did not expect this from you! Everyday I read you a beautiful nice surprise!
Gorgeus

Jessie said...

Brian, lol, Land of the Lost was on Sci-Fi Sun. night i think. i didn't consciously have it in mind when i wrote this, actually i didn't know where they were going to end up --

G, you are so sweet. i know you give me WAY too much credit! but then, that's your giving soul.

Otin, i'm glad you enjoyed it. you give your readers snow angels and i write about T-Rex! lol

Dulce, thank you so much! i'm glad the ending was a surprise.

for me, the joy of writing is never knowing where the journey will take you. thank you all so much for reading and commenting.

warm smiles and hugs to all,
j