Followers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fifty-Five

Can you keep your words at 55? If so, go tell the wonderful wizard of Blogsphere -- Mr. GMan himself. (Mr Knowitall).

I incorporated Raven and Quilly into my Flash Fiction this week. First time I've tried it, I'm glad I did. The words are: plumber, autograph, Florence Nightengale, a chill wind’s a blowing, watering hole, sleek, triplets, backwards, surface tension, parrot. Free estimates, French fries, carpet, Braille, and silver-tongued bandit.

My soure for Raven and Quilly came from the dragons: http://dragonlairs.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-55.html


Without further delay:



Chaos


Free estimates? That silver-tongued bandit! Florence Nightingale shrieked, surface tension erupted, hot lava spewing from watering hole. A chill wind’s blowing whisked french fries onto carpet, triplets scampered, beating Mr. Parrot to treats. Mr. Plumber scouring house, requiring autograph on dotted line, signed by sleek blind mouse in Braille. Room spinning, suddenly everything went backwards.



pic credit: http://www.megamohr.de/Pictures/chaos_klein.gif

12 comments:

anthonynorth said...

You handled those words most admirably. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something out of Alice in Wonderland.

Anonymous said...

Well done ~ and a perfect title and illustration to further enrich the words.

Have a nice weekend. Thanks for stopping by my place earlier.

~Karis

You'll find my Flash 55 ~ Skipping Stones posted.

Jessie said...

Anthony, Alice and Chef -- thank you very much for the warm comments. They're much appreciated!

Brian Miller said...

oh wow. such a challenge with in a challenge and you played it so well. dont sign that line and watch out for the lava! great 55!

mine is up!

Dulçe ♥ said...

WOW woman what a domain of words ! ha! I am delighted by what I find out each time i coe by
Lovely dear jessie

Jessie said...

Thank you Dulce, I'm never disappointed when I stop by your home either.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Fandango said...

We dragons have a convert. We have a convert. We have to fly and tell Raven. And you did such a good job. We love this 55.

G-Man said...

I smell a hint of Dragon around these parts...

Excellent use of all formats!
Thank You Jessie for this little Gem!
You rock The Whole Eastern Seaboard!
(And parts of Delaware)
Have a Kick-Ass Week-End...G

LarryG said...

Very creative! I love what you do, and how you do it!
I have named you in this "award" post Jessie,
Thank you for being encouraging to me - see the post
10 Honest Things

Unknown said...

Jessie...wow! You know you always rock me but this is effin' brilliant!!! The use of the words, the 55, you met the challenge with brillance and fun, with whimsy!!!

I wonder if we can use this in our thesis? LOL

Love you
G

Jessie said...

Fandango, GMan, LarryG, and Gabi,

Thanks for the compliments! I really enjoyed adding the extra kick to the 55 ... shake things up a bit.

G -- i think E. would be cool with it!!! lol