
A silent room in a forgotten place
She picks up her phone, dialing the familiar number
Holding her breath while her heart
Pounds
Pumping blood furiously
Ringing, ringing –
Pounding
Pumping
Ringing, ringing –
Pounding
Pumping
The familiar deep voice, wakened from sleep
Answering, “Hello?”
Frozen, the pumping and pounding of her heart
Turning dormant
Slowly she disconnects,
Resuming the lost beginning.
Whispering,
I need you
I love you
As
Falling silent tears flow…
She picks up her phone, dialing the familiar number
Holding her breath while her heart
Pounds
Pumping blood furiously
Ringing, ringing –
Pounding
Pumping
Ringing, ringing –
Pounding
Pumping
The familiar deep voice, wakened from sleep
Answering, “Hello?”
Frozen, the pumping and pounding of her heart
Turning dormant
Slowly she disconnects,
Resuming the lost beginning.
Whispering,
I need you
I love you
As
Falling silent tears flow…
4 comments:
Oh wow - you ahve captured this moment perfcectly.
Wow, a tough one, but captured by talented words.
mmmmmmmmmm
oooo's
lovely!
Post a Comment