Followers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Carry on Tuesday



"There are sleeping dreams and waking dreams"
"What seems is not always as it seems"


Orchestration

Sitting up in my bed

Beading sweat rolling down my face
I hear the music
I see the band
Cold darkness surrounding me, an envelope of containment
Reaching down for my own silver flute
Magically beautiful rich tones filling condensed air
Can this be?

I shake my head, my musical beauty disappears, I am alone – I am awake.

Beading sweat rolling down my face
I hear the music
I see the band
Cold darkness surrounding me, instruments down --Silence
Swishing movement, bulging eyes upon me as the conductor
Turning to me, pale white, opening wide, cavern mouth,
Encapsulating me, red sponge tongue.

I shake my head, I am alone – I am awake.

Beading sweat rolling down my face
Cold darkness surrounds me
I hear the music
I see the band…

"There are sleeping dreams and waking dreams"
"What seems is not always as it seems”

4 comments:

Wait. What? said...

ah well done here - this flows and brings me to a place I have lived!

LarryG said...

making your own kind of music!
interesting how being the focal point can twist our psyche!

Shadow said...

oh i like this! what is real and what is not...

Louis said...

I love this post, it almost makes you believe there's something magical behind the curtain of life.

"I shake my head, I am alone – I am awake." - awesome