
I have spent the past few days in Vegas. While there, we attended a Persian concert featuring music from the old and new styles. A small family sat in front of us, a girl approximately 18-23, and her parents. After watching her for many hours, her image still remained with me. Below is a poem written for her, as I viewed her through my eyes:
Dancing Persian flower
Waving your thin long petals
Flowing, to rhythms birthed by
Drums, guitars, and flutes.
Swirling Persian flower
Balance un-rooted
Don’t fall to the ground.
Dancing Persian flower
Mimicking dance techniques foreign to you
Techniques that should be your own.
Yet you are misunderstood
Observed and taunted by others
Who do not understand;
Dance Persian flower,
To the music that is simply yours.
image: http://www.sadiyyadance.com/persian340.jpg
3 comments:
Beautiful, and boy did I miss your amazing poetic word structure and I thank you for your words, thoughts and amazing spirit.
She would be grateful for your words!
PS: on a goofy sidenote about me I spent years of my life in the Persian community in Oregon due to the fact that I was Baha'i. Oh more will be revealed...LOL!
Love you,
G
i can see the movement, i can hear the music...
wonderfully written Jessie!
Post a Comment