I found this wonderful meme over at Shadow's blog: http://gsp-shadow.blogspot.com/. I wanted to see how and if my blog had changed any since I started in Sept. of this year. And yes, it has changed, it went from prose to poetry, which is really odd to me. I started the blog hoping to improve my prose writing style, and instead of improving it ... I abandoned it!! lol Oh well ... :-)
By the way, for those of you who don't know how to bring the "meme" together, just take the 1st sentence or paragraph of the 1st post you wrote for each month. I sort of followed directions, which is pretty much the norm for me.
Post 1 – Sept. 08
“Yet Another Story?” This was a question posed to a group of intelligent people last night. Okay, I'm sure you're asking yourselves, another story, about what? In this particular instance it was a story about a survivor from Hurricane Katrina which occurred a little more than three years ago today. I know that there are several people out there who think, and enough is enough, okay. Well in my opinion I say, "No. It's not enough. It will never be enough."
Post 2 – Oct. 08
I consider myself a feminist. Not a die-hard, because I do enjoy being treated with courtesy. Now, with that said, my idea of courtesy, is the treatment toward others as equals, no matter what the circumstances.
Post 3 & 4 – Nov. 08
Shadow, I just realized you left me a comment. Thank you for your kind words. Stop by again, the comment door is always open.
Hidden daydreams of a whispering night.
Eyes of ocean blue meet
Brown eyes, like sands of time.
Jazz tunes float upon an
Opened bottle of wine.
Shy smile, conversation light,
Wandering fingertips,
Ginger kisses flow onto supple lips.
Post 5 – Dec. 08
Under the blue skies
free-flowing caricatures
become alive,
closing my eyes
thoughts wander,
memories seeping,
reaping,
small green leaves
cover bushes
slowly
dripping water droplets
drip, drip, drip
onto bodies
cocooned together
breaking free from
our protective blankets
squirming slow movements
drip, drip
transparent dew sliding down
exposed areas
wetness,
we long to break free,
drip, drip
Freedom!
Breaking loose
spreading our wings
flying towards the playful caricatures
dancing in the blue sky.
5 comments:
Have an excellent New Years and thank you for sharing about yourself in this post!
funny thing, i remember several of your posts.
I guess I have a good memory.
may the new year bring all that you wish for..:)
Oh J...this is beautiful and I too remember your posts like LarryG, they are amazing as are you!!!
Happy New Year dear friend!!!!
G~*
hiya! thanks for playing. this is good. nice to look back and see where the mind was so many days ago...
and have a most marvellous new year dear jessie. look forward to reading lots and lots of lovely things here...
Post a Comment