Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Walk Like an Egyptian

They walk like Egyptians
From the Bangles tune
Strutting, head gliding leading their way
Waddling like penguins
I laugh at them

These Egyptian, penguin walking creatures
Sometimes carry messages
Secretive words
Meant for a special someone
Have you seen your pigeon today?

pic credit: http://licc.us/winners/zoom.php?eid=2-7272-09&count=4



My Love,

Your warm breath against my right ear lobe; breaks me away from security;
Like a fresh green leaf, falling from my rooted tree
I float down towards your lushness
Carried only by your whispers
Anticipating
Arrival.

Loving You Always,

11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

love the new header! the first verse made me chuckle a bit wil the love note brought it home warmly. smiles.

Mike said...

Nice feeling of love in your words.

Desert Rose said...

loved reading this..very nice,the last lines filled me with a smile i longed for..:)

Unknown said...

Okay I loved the first one very funny! I also like the new layout...very nice!

The second one left me longing for someone to write such things...you always amaze and inspire my heart and soul.

LarryG said...

i enjoy the feeling that comes through, Sweet!

Everyday Goddess said...

beautiful!

love your new design ~ very serene!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

excellent poem!
love the vivid images!

Brian Miller said...

thanks for linking up with oneshot...gave me smiles jessie...and thanks for your kind words...

Wild Rose said...

Now this is the kind of poem that touches me. Celebrating love and not just yearning for it. Such a lovely poem.

Wild Rose~

Wild Rose said...

Linked up from Oneshot and you have beautiful blog~

Wild Rose~

Anonymous said...

I have a sudden urge to go find a pigeon.

My 55 is here.