Followers

Friday, August 28, 2009

Flash Fiction Friday 55 -- Part 5

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.






Jill calls me back from old memories to the birthing of new ones.

“Jodie, isn’t this just unbelievable?”

Her smile and watered eyes bring goose-bumps to my arms.

Mom is stroking Phantom calmly, whispering, “Almost there Phantom. Almost there.”

Once again my mind wanders back, to an earlier time when my father was with us.

8 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Those old memories can be so comforting. nicely done.

Mona said...

Memories take us back in time!

Great 55ve!

g-man said...

GREAT 55....
I went back and read your posts leading up to this.
I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
Wonderful memories Never fade...
Thank You so very much for playing and sharing this Friday.
YOU ROCK!!!!!
Galen

Dulçe ♥ said...

So the story continues in a 55! You are relly good dear Jessie, recalling these memories like this.
I love it. Thanks 4 ur comment
:) :)

Fandango said...

We looked down and we don't suppose you would let us dragons eat Phantom. Didn't think so. But he looks so tasty.
Great 55

Jessie said...

Thanks to all of you for your comments.

Fandango, I'm sorry, but the dragons are not allowed to eat the horses -- too much muscle.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

smiles to all,

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your 55. This was my first time participating but it's really opened my eyes about some very fine writers out there.

Wait. What? said...

OH Jessie very true, memories just fill us up so much...