Followers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Carry on Tuesday




Welcome to the first Carry on Tuesday. This week our prompt is the opening line of A Walk After Dark by W. H. Auden

A cloudless night like this

can set the spirit soaring


Use it at the start or somewhere within your verse or prose. Then leave the url of your post with Mister Linky below and drop us a comment.

To read the original work click HERE




Strolling
Hand-n-hand on soft sand,
Beach walkway,
Foaming warm water rushing,
Greeting our naked toes.

Blowing winds
Pushing, rolling waves from
Singing oceans, our
Stroking fingers clasped together.

Synchronized bodies walking,
Whispered words,
Cooing laughter,

A cloudless night like this
Can set the spirit soaring.



pic credit: www.hear2heal.com/index.php?cPath=47

9 comments:

Jessie said...

hello Missy. i'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for stopping by.

i'm going to visit your sites now...happy "poetic ponderings."

Shadow said...

you've created peace and tranquility here. lovely...

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely - it's my kind of poetry! I live right by the beach and it's there I go walking when I need inspiration.

Thank you for visiting my new site.If the reaction so far is anything to go by, I think Carry On Tuesday should go quite well! I look forward to visiting your blog more often.

paisley said...

oh that was lovely.. and brings to mind a memory or two of doing just that.....

LarryG said...

more provocative toe exposure,
finger stroking,
whispering...

wonderful images, sounds,... feelings

Wait. What? said...

Did I tell you that I started the 55 because of you? I love it and your ability to do it so well - made it look so enticing.

Have a good holiday weekend!

Pam said...

Makes me miss a walk on the beach. The feel of the push and pull of the waves in synch with the bodies walking.

Andy Sewina said...

Sounds like a little love story!
Nicely!!

gautami tripathy said...

Very evocative!

changing orbits