Followers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Love Letter III




My Dearest U.L.,

I have written you many times, yet each letter remains a mystery to you. I hold the silent words inside my mind, because I feel their cold, lifeless, angled sticks have no meaning until I’m able to speak them to you. Ashamed that I could feel such a longing to hold you, touch you, breathe your air, when my space is not mine to give. Yes, this is another letter you will never receive; however, if you look inside my poems you’ll find me speaking to you, calling for you, awaiting the day…


image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/The_Secret_Garden_book_cover_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_17396.jpg/401px-The_Secret_Garden_book_cover_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_17396.jpg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis a lonely vigil I know well..

Unknown said...

this breaks my heart, that there is a yearning in yours that is so painfully sweet. thinking of you!
Love
Gabi

Shadow said...

i believe i've written letters like these too... this is great!

LarryG said...

I love this,
there is so much unlived in life!