
The sky did not fall
The earth did not rumble or shake
Cavernous divisions cannot be found
Actually
Nothing can be found.
The sky is quiet
The air is still, stiff, flat.
The earth has no smell.
And I’m still here.
I do not feel old
I feel like I’m 30.
Tomorrow I may feel 70,
That’s how old I feel when I’m depressed.
I’m not very tall.
I’m only 5’ 1 ½”.
My weight is 3.25 times my age.
Last year, my weight was 2.75 times my age.
I consider myself a closet writer.
Which means I write in my head, then onto the screen – and I don’t like to share.
I have a dog named Kiya,
She’s a black and tan Mini Pin.
Kiya is my safe zone,
She provides me with unconditional love.
Kiya loves me when I’m a bitch.
Kiya knows how to ignore me.
I have a husband.
He’s an excellent provider.
I have a son.
He’s a typical teenager, but he’s a smart and good kid.
I have a daughter.
She lives eight hours away, I miss her.
I don’t like chick flicks,
I don’t read chick books.
I like psychological thriller movies,
I enjoy having my mind tested.
I’m quiet,
Unless I feel comfortable around you.
I love music,
I love to dance.
I don’t like to cry.
I’m afraid to cry out loud.
I envy the beautiful people.
The beautiful people are those who are comfortable in their own skin.
I think shaved heads are sexy.
My husband does not have a shaved head.
Tall men make me feel like a child,
My husband is not tall – he makes me feel like a child.
My writing is dark,
I think the demons are going to win.
I hear the echoes calling from the branches.
Swaying leaves,
Steadily, falling onto the ground.
Red and gold memories become brown, and
Hard feet will soon walk over the
Crisp ground.
Hard feet will walk over
The Dead Zone.
2 comments:
Wow this is so incredibly powerful. I love the way you write, even in describing yourself you have poetry in your words, the flow of it is amazing! Thank you,
G
this is an amazing piece of writing!
Post a Comment